Thu 07 OCT: City Comedy Club
Open at 6:30PM, Show starts 7:30PM
City Comedy Club is located in the HEART of London! Only a 5-minutes walk from Old Street Street Station, 8- minutes walk from Liverpool Street, come and grab a drink and have a laugh with City Comedy Club every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
Previous Celebrity Mystery Guests have appeared on Live at the Apollo, Mock the Week, 8 Out of 10 Cats, Russell Howard's Good News, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Comedy Central Roast Battle and many more.
Matt is a doctor – this has made his parents very proud. He’s also a stand up comedian, this has made his parents very confused. They have relaxed a bit, now he performs in clubs they have actually heard of – including the Comedy Store, Backyard and Covent Garden.
He sometimes meets them half way, and performs science comedy as part of the Science Showoff Talent Factory, in venues including the Science Museum.
Back when he was younger and still trying to be cool, he was a DJ – playing in places including the Secret Garden party, Ministry of Sound and Egg London. 2 of his productions were broadcast on XFM (now Radio X). He now brings these skills to comedy – with the show Mixtape, a comedy block party. This mixed bill show enjoyed a successful run at the 2017 Edinburgh Fringe and will be making a return at London venue in the near future.
He has been a Semi Finalist in the So You Think You Are Funny and Amused Moose comedy competitions – a record he is hoping to improve on in this year’s BBC New Comedy Award!
As heard on the BBC... Adam Coumas hosted the prestigious AAA Stand Up show at the Underbelly during the Edinburgh Fringe 2019 and came Runner Up in the NATYs Award 2020.
Fred Barber is a stand up comedian and comedy writer from London whose themes encompass dyspraxia, addiction, and social alienation. He was performed all over the UK and Los Angeles and has written for major entertainment networks including Channel 4, BBC 3, and YouTube Premium.
He's also devised, written and created a number of high-profile advertising campaigns across TV and other media for globally recognised brands including Toyota and Acne Studios.
Credits: Big Narstie Show Series 3. Big Narstie's Big Adventure Jamaica
'Very strong talent for writing' Jesse Armstrong: writer of peep show, the thick of it, and successsion
EMMANUEL PAUL GRIFFITH
A comedian from east London with stories of his experiences growing up in a council estate in Leyton, growing up with his family, working for the NHS, and many other observations in his life.
Emmanuel is one of City Comedy Club's comedians to watch out for, his humour is unique and always gets the audience laughing.
Energetic, charismatic and a comedian you must watch.
Great value. Great night out.
PLEASE BRING ID WITH YOU. You won't be allowed in without ID.
- Shows will be 1:30- 2 hour long with 2 interval. Please arrive at 6:30, when doors open, to make sure the show starts on time and you get your drinks.
* Age restriction for our shows is 18 years and over, due to venue licencing restrictions. ID is required for entry.
* Dress code – No tracksuit bottoms, football or other sport shirts or soiled work clothes.
* All seating is pre-allocated, and you will be shown to your seats on arrival. Please let us know if you'll be arriving late, or if there is any reason why you need a specific seat.
* For the enjoyment of all our customers, we politely remind patrons that if you persistently chat during acts or are otherwise causing a disturbance, you may be asked to leave.
*Line ups are subject to change.